PDA

View Full Version : Ask Jigging Rod

Wolli
25-08-2009, 00:39
Hi jigging fans, i am coming end of Sep for two months to Bali for vacation and fishing.
Now i am surching for a jigging rod. Surfed thru some Indo webpages and found the following items:
Alijos Jig AL-562MHS, Maguru Extreme Jigger S526 and Monster Mesh 582MHS or alternative 582 XHS
the Alijos is a very light weight rod, but for the other rods is no weight mentioned.
From all your experience pls let me know which rod you can recommend to me.

Terima kasih dan salam,
Wolli

Torief
25-08-2009, 00:48
Kagak ngarti atu om?

Sportfisherman
25-08-2009, 01:02
Hi jigging fans, i am coming end of Sep for two months to Bali for vacation and fishing.
Now i am surching for a jigging rod. Surfed thru some Indo webpages and found the following items:
Alijos Jig AL-562MHS, Maguru Extreme Jigger S526 and Monster Mesh 582MHS or alternative 582 XHS
the Alijos is a very light weight rod, but for the other rods is no weight mentioned.

Terima kasih dan salam,
Wolli

Herr Wolli ,

Jigging in Bali involved deep water with very strong current , one is talking about using 500+ gr. jig to reach bottom and in certain situation even this weight won't get you to the bottom .

You will need a heavy jig rod capable of handling such jig weight and enough line capacity to reach the bottom at an angle , say if you are fishing in 100m then chances are you have let out some 150 m line to reach the bottom , if it's deeper then perhaps you need a big reel for the task . In short , strong rod + big reel is the way to go for jigging in Bali .

No doubt you will get responces from others who are more experienced regarding jigging in Bali so keep this on looking at this thread ..

Jon .

bestson
25-08-2009, 10:13

Terima kasih dan salam,
Wolli

Well Wolli,

Monster Mesh 582MHS is quite good .. other way you could trying used Shimano JigWrex (PE-6-8)

:-D

a3n
25-08-2009, 20:29
aloww bali... someone need advice.....plz try jigwreck PE6...same advice with betson..

Ade PS
25-08-2009, 22:11
it's depand on area you will jig,padangbai till lembongan you don't need to use big jig and just use rod with PE6 more than enough,if you want get the rods in here(indonesia),once you step up in here i will help you to get the rods,all the rods you mention it's good,they have they own performance,you have to feel it by your self is it good for you or not,choosing reel it easier then choose rods

lembongan island
26-08-2009, 00:03
it's depand on area you will jig,padangbai till lembongan you don't need to use big jig and just use rod with PE6 more than enough,if you want get the rods in here(indonesia),once you step up in here i will help you to get the rods,all the rods you mention it's good,they have they own performance,you have to feel it by your self is it good for you or not,choosing reel it easier then choose rods
wah apaan artinya tu om?? itu si wolli gua pernah ketemu, di kakek2 yg doyan jigging... sikat aja de....

bestson
26-08-2009, 10:37
wah apaan artinya tu om?? itu si wolli gua pernah ketemu, di kakek2 yg doyan jigging... sikat aja de....

Haaa.....haa..... :-D,

Hi' Wolli how's you'r trip planning? did you find your arsenal's already?
Lot's of friends will help you in Bali ... even if you decide to visit Jakarta too...:-D

Regards,
BM

a3n
26-08-2009, 21:09

hobby nya jigging yg mana om lembongan ?:-D

yogiajus
28-08-2009, 18:01
Om wolli
Pinjem tuna max ato 7 seasnya ade PS aja .... Hehehe

Rudy 007
29-08-2009, 11:19
TS nya kemane yah?

Wolli
30-08-2009, 17:37
Hi friends, lot of thanks for your replies. Guess i go to the Jigwrex.
My local dealer made a good offer for the JWS15740029
Length 157 cm, 1 section , CW 400 g which should be sufficient for most situations.

Lembongan Island: we arrive on Sep29 and leave on Nov26. Stay in the same hotel as last year in Sanur. I`ll call you upon arrival, since we intend to come for some days to Lembongan.

bestson
31-08-2009, 08:42
Hi friends, lot of thanks for your replies. Guess i go to the Jigwrex.
My local dealer made a good offer for the JWS15740029
Length 157 cm, 1 section , CW 400 g which should be sufficient for most situations.

Lembongan Island: we arrive on Sep29 and leave on Nov26. Stay in the same hotel as last year in Sanur. I`ll call you upon arrival, since we intend to come for some days to Lembongan.

OK Wolli, looks like you're find your tackle's already ... enjoyed your fishing adventure and .... don't forget the rules ... take and "release" .....!!!

Ciao ..,
BM