PDA

View Full Version : Trip lure casting in Tasik Kenyir,malaysia

Dogtooth39
26-04-2005, 10:07
this picture r malaysia Tasik Kenyir result, i went there by chinese new year.

Dogtooth39
26-04-2005, 10:13
more photo

fishy
26-04-2005, 11:05
Pak Jon,

That Toman seems to be the same size with the one in your pond. May be we should try diving lure?

Sportfisherman
26-04-2005, 11:19
:-D

Dogtooth39 ,

Hey that Sebarau is good , infact I prefer to target Sebarau than Toman . Now , my question ; If somebody from Indonesia wants to go and fish Tasik Kenyir , who wud one have to approach to get all the transportation and boat arranged ? :?

I go and fish Sangkhla Buri in Thailand to fish the Sebarau n Toman , Malaysia is nearer but not necessarily more convenient because I have good angler friends in Thailand . :lol:

Adrianus ,

I prefer surface lures , the strikes are more spectacular ! ;-) That small toman is still a baby . :x

Jon . 8)

Dogtooth39
26-04-2005, 13:42
Hi Pak Jon,

If u r seriously want to go there ( Tasik Kenyir ), maybe my friend can arrange for u.

I went Thailand twice, the Chiao Lam Dam near Surajthani i went before, good place,scenery is nice,fishing also not bad,one place in the dam they call " Ha loi lai "got a lot of Sebarau n Toman.

if u r interested to enjoy big game fishing,popping and jigging in malaysia, i recommand u to Luconia n Spratly Islands, this one i can help arrange for u if u r interest. the place is off Miri town,Sarawak, East Malaysia.
u may refer this web site for more info. http://monsterfishing.multiply.com/

regards,
Dogtooth39

Sportfisherman
26-04-2005, 16:21

Dogtooth39 ,

Not belittleing Spratley n Lucornia , we have a lot more places within Indonesia that can offer very good popping n jigging albeit the two methods may not be in the same area . :shock:

Take for example Takabakang for jigging and Komodo for popping ,
these 2 places are hard to beat , borrowing from a famous Japanese
angler's words ; Komodo is where the experts go to do GT popping . :twisted:

Now , back to Sebarau n Toman , once the rain starts in Thailand , I am heading that way for Pla Chado ( Toman ) ! Hopefully Pla Ka'su
( Sebarau ) are around too .

Jon . 8)

hhockeyy
26-04-2006, 22:35
Hi Pak Jon ... I try to go to Kenyir once every year with my friends in Singapore. We normally take our scanoes and OBMs and fish upriver for sebarau and toman (with the odd kelah thrown in). If you are interested, maybe you can join us on the next trip. But be prepared for a long drive from Singapore to Kuala Trengganu.

BTW, my good friend in Singapore has been quite successul on trips to Sarawak, with sebarau up to 8kg or so. This is much bigger than at Kenyir.

Dogtooth39
28-04-2006, 16:56
Hi Pak Jon ... I try to go to Kenyir once every year with my friends in Singapore. We normally take our scanoes and OBMs and fish upriver for sebarau and toman (with the odd kelah thrown in). If you are interested, maybe you can join us on the next trip. But be prepared for a long drive from Singapore to Kuala Trengganu.

BTW, my good friend in Singapore has been quite successul on trips to Sarawak, with sebarau up to 8kg or so. This is much bigger than at Kenyir.

sebarau up to 8kg !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: where is the place????? can i join your friend next time ?? :oops: 8kg sebarau, my dream man~~~

Sportfisherman
28-04-2006, 17:06

Hock ,

My fishing buddy has just relocated from BKK to KL , once he has settled down there , I will surely come to visit him and sailfishing by popping at Kuala Rompin is scheduled in August / September . :lol:

I will definitely try to include freshwater fishing trip during my visit , Toman n Sebarau are definitely on the list as well as Kelah ! :twisted:

Jon . 8)

hhockeyy
28-04-2006, 17:27
Darren ... I made a mistake. It's 9 pounds ... not 8 kilos. But still pretty big. I believe the place is in the Bario highlands.

Anyway, here are a couple of pix.

Dogtooth39
19-03-2007, 14:34
BARIO HIGLANDS ,,,i see, any guides can bring us there ?